Gas Fireplace Service & Repair in Mesa/Gilbert, Arizona
We service, repair, and install gas fireplaces for homes and offices in the Gilbert & Mesa area. Our trained technicians ensure that your gas fireplace works properly and remains safe. You don’t want to take chances with your gas appliances. That’s why hiring a professional and licensed plumber like Phend Plumbing to repair or install your gas fireplace is the best choice. We treat your home with respect and get the job done quickly at a fair price.
Gas fireplace installation, service, and repair include the following:
- Proper piping to ensure necessary BTU (thermal power via gas)
- All fittings checked to prevent any leakage
- Analysis of the whole-home gas requirements
- An easy demonstration of how to light your pilot light
We work with all brands of fireplaces and parts.
We offer up-front pricing and fast, professional work. Call us now to schedule your Gas Fireplace Services.
How much does it cost to service a gas fireplace?
The cost to service a gas fireplace is typically between $100 and $200. That price depends on the existing piping, fittings, and fireplace, as well as the ease of access to the fireplace. If we need to run new piping for a brand new installation, that can run $20-30 per foot [link to blog].
Who should service a gas fireplace?
When it comes to the service and installation of any gas appliance, you want to work with a licensed plumber. That is who should service a gas fireplace. Experience, knowledge of codes, and an understanding of the safety around gas fireplaces are essential.
How often should a gas fireplace insert be serviced?
A gas fireplace should be serviced. We recommend an annual service for fireplaces that are used often. For fireplaces that get very little use, you can stretch that out to no more than every three years. Read your fireplace manufacturer’s warranty and maintenance recommendations, as they all do require regular maintenance.
What is the lifespan of a gas fireplace?
The lifespan of a gas fireplace varies based on the manufacturer, regular maintenance & upkeep, and the quality of the installation. We see fireplaces lasting 15-25 years, with those getting regular maintenance on the higher end of that range.
What maintenance does a gas fireplace need?
A gas fireplace does need regular maintenance. The good news is that it’s much easier to maintain a gas fireplace than a wood-burning fireplace, as there is no soot left from the burned logs. That said, the following needs to be done on a regular basis (every 1-3 years):
- Inspect the interior and exterior of the fireplace for any obvious wear and tear.
- Annual cleaning to remove dust and debris. Even cleaning the fireplace is a matter of safety, so if you do this yourself, read your manuals.
- Replace batteries in remotes if you have them.
- Check carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check the pilot light ignition.
- Check the exhaust. The “chimney” can often build up condensation, which can damage the area around it.
Good questions! Sounds like you might need a professional plumber for your Gas Fireplace Service or Installation. Give us a call at 480-388-6093 to see how we can help.
Check out our reviews!