If you are in the market for a new water heater or if you are building a home, you have probably seen a lot of talk about a tankless water heater, but it is not something most of us know a lot about.
What Is A Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater is exactly what it sounds like. Instead of a large water heater taking up space in your basement or garage, tankless water heaters serve the exact same function as a traditional water heater in a fraction of the space. They are the most modern form of a home water heater and they are the latest innovation of this space.
How do tankless water heaters work?
The pipes that supply water to the home pass through the heating unit, and the system heats the water instantly as it passes through.
The look of the outside of the wall mounted unit is very streamlined which appeals to many homeowners.
Advantages of a Tankless Water Heater
There are a lot of advantages of a tankless water heater. Here are some of the primary advantages:
- Endless Hot Water. Tankless water heaters provide endless hot water, making them great for big families/people who use a lot of hot water.
- Hot Water Control. Homeowners love their tankless water heater; water temperature can easily be changed with a touchpad located on the front of the unit, or through a wifi app.
- Space. As we’ve mentioned already, this unit is wall mounted and takes up significantly less space since there is no reserved water (the water in the tank in a traditional unit).
- Reduced monthly cost. These units aren’t repeatedly heating a large tank full of water so not only is the water immediately hot, but it isn’t wasting energy heating and reheating that same water.
- Efficiency. Instead of running constantly, these units only turn on when hot water is called for at the tap.
Are There Disadvantages to Tankless Water Heaters?
There are very few downsides to a tankless water heater. For some homeowners, the increased up front cost is a barrier. They are efficient, take up less space, pose less of a threat as they age, and last almost twice as long.
No system is perfect, and there are some considerations you need to know about. The gas tankless water heater requires semi-annual maintenance, and some people have reported inconsistent temperature, but this is an issue with individual units so a qualified plumber is key to getting the right product and installation for the right home.
So, the question arises…
Are Tankless Water Heaters Worth The Extra Expense?
That of course is up to the homeowner and their individual needs, but the pros are really good and the cons are few and far between. You will definitely at least want to hear about tankless water heaters if you are in the market to replace an existing unit, or if you are building and need a new one.
We recommend speaking with a highly qualified plumbing company, like Phend Plumbing, who can come by and give you a hassle free no cost estimate to see what would be best for your home.
No matter whether you choose a standard tank water heater or a tankless water heater, the quality of the product and the quality of the installation service are the most important considerations for the homeowner. Please reach out to us at https://phendplumbing.com/
Call us right away to schedule a free estimate at 480-388-6093. We are excited to help you find the best solution.