As anyone who has had a plumbing issue knows all too well, plumbing is a very important part of your home and you need to know how to hire the right plumber. Hiring a plumber seems like a simple matter, but when you take into account the horror stories of hiring unqualified or disreputable plumbers, you may realize that it isn’t that simple. We have some information that may help you avoid the problems and pitfalls of hiring a plumber for your treasured home.
Here are some tips on how to hire the right plumber
- To hire a quality plumber with an excellent reputation you should check their website, their references and their reviews.
- You can also check their license status at the Registrar of Contractors. Here in Arizona that site is https://roc.az.gov/contractor-search.
- Word of mouth is a great way to find a skilled plumber, but if you are new to an area, you can simply use google and your zip code, then follow our tips on how to hire and what questions you want to ask to ensure you choose a great plumbing company.
What To Know Before Hiring A Plumber
You want to know how plumbing licensing works before hiring a plumber and you want to know if the plumber is capable of handling your particular plumbing problem.
First, every state has different licensing requirements and you want to be 100% certain that your plumber is licensed, bonded, and insured so be sure to use that contractor search tool. Generally speaking plumbers train for years, both in a classroom and in the field.
Here are the 3 levels of plumbing expertise
- The Apprentice Plumber is learning on the job with an experienced journeyman plumber. They attend certification classes, and can sometimes have classroom training during an apprenticeship as well.
- A Journeyman Plumber has successfully completed the apprentice training and 4-5 years of on the job apprenticeship. They are licensed and highly skilled. This is the typical level of most highly skilled plumbers and who you will find heading up the jobs at high quality plumbing companies.
- A Master Plumber works for many years as a Journeyman and then passes an exam to achieve this highest level of expertise. While Master Plumber is a highly esteemed status, it is not necessary and can have the negative aspect of increased cost to the customer.
What Questions Should I Ask A Plumber?
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- Are your plumbers employed by you or are they independent contractors?
- What are your service guarantees? (aka – do you stand by your work?)
- How long have you been in business?
- What are your fees for common services and extras (such as after hours fees/travel fees etc)?
- What is your response time?
- Will you provide me with references or access to reviews?
We Make HIring The Right Plumber Easy
At Phend Plumbing, the master plumber reviews all jobs through our software system. Knowledge and experience bring peace of mind and that is what you deserve. When you can build a relationship with a family owned, highly qualified and respected company, like us here at Phend Plumbing, that will ease so many of the stressors related to maintaining your home’s plumbing and knowing any problem can be easily handled is priceless. Please check out our reviews and some kind words from our happy customers at https://phendplumbing.com/ .
When you are looking for a reputable, qualified, experienced and respected plumber, you will want to contact Phend Plumbing. You can reach us at (480) 388-6093 and we look forward to speaking with you and becoming your family plumber.