Hello, homeowners of Gilbert and Mesa, Arizona! A leaking shower head can be an annoying and wasteful plumbing issue that many of us have faced at some point. That steady drip not only keeps you awake at night but also wastes water and money. But don’t worry; we’re here to shed light on the causes of a leaking shower head and, more importantly, how to prevent it.
In this episode, we’ll ask Pete about the common culprits behind this issue and he’ll provide you with practical tips to keep your shower head leak-free! Continue reading
Hello, homeowners of Gilbert and Mesa, Arizona! We know that dealing with clogged drains can be a real headache. Blocked sinks, slow drains, and nasty odors are not just unpleasant; they can also be costly to fix. But here’s the good news: most drain clogs are preventable with some simple steps and a little bit of regular maintenance. In this blog, we’ll share practical tips and advice on how to prevent clogged drains and keep your plumbing system running smoothly. Continue reading
Hello, homeowners of Gilbert and Mesa, Arizona! As your go-to local plumber, we receive various questions about plumbing issues every day. One common concern that we often address is the mysterious noises that pipes can make. Don’t worry; you’re not alone in this! In this blog, we’ll explore the possible reasons behind those perplexing pipe noises and guide you on how to deal with them effectively. Continue reading
Hello homeowners of Gilbert and Mesa, Arizona! With the summer in full swing, there’s nothing quite like the mouthwatering smell of a backyard barbeque. But did you know that you can enhance this experience with a natural gas grill? Yes, indeed! Today, our expert plumber Pete is here to guide you through the process of hooking up your grill to your home’s natural gas supply. Continue reading
Hello, Gilbert and Mesa homeowners! The indispensable water heater in your house is often the unsung hero, providing hot showers and making dishwashing a breeze. But, let’s face it, water heaters don’t last forever. So, how do you know when is it time to part ways with your old pal and get a new one? Our plumbing virtuoso, Pete, is here to reveal the telltale signs and share the steps for replacing your water heater. Buckle up and let’s dive into the essentials.
Q: How do I know when it’s time to replace my water heater?
A: The first thing to consider is the age of your water heater. Tank-style water heaters last about 10-15 years, while tankless models can go up to 20 years or more. If your water heater is pushing into the double digits in age, it might be time to think about a replacement.
These are the main telltale signs I tell my customers to look for so they know when it’s time to replace:
- Lukewarm Performance: When your once toasty shower is now more tepid. If your water isn’t getting as hot as it used to, or if the hot water is short-lived, it might be a sign that your water heater is declining.
- Sounds Like Trouble: If your water heater is making a ruckus, it’s not throwing a party in there; it’s probably sediment build-up. This buildup can cause banging or rumbling sounds and is a surefire sign that your water heater may be nearing the end of its rope.
- Murky Waters: Rusty or murky water coming out when you turn on the hot tap is a warning sign. This could be indicative of corrosion inside the tank, which may eventually lead to leaks.
- Puddles: Do you see water pooling around the base of your water heater? This is often a symptom of either a leak or fracture in the tank – bad news either way. It’s time to call in the professionals.
So, now that you know what to look for, here’s a quick primer on how to get that water heater replaced.
Your first step is to assess your needs. Evaluate your household’s hot water demands. Most larger families may benefit from a larger tank size or even a tankless model.
Next you want to check the efficiency. Opt for a model with a high Energy Star rating. Not only is this better for the environment, but your wallet will thank you in the form of lower energy bills.
Finally, it’s time to explore your options:
- Traditional Tank Water Heater: Reliable and cost-effective, but larger and potentially less energy-efficient.
- Tankless Water Heater: Compact and energy-efficient, providing hot water on demand but at a higher upfront cost.
- Heat Pump Water Heater: Extremely efficient, utilizing heat from the air or ground to heat water.
- Professional Installation: Don’t tackle this as a DIY project; water heaters are complicated beasts. Ensure you seek the expertise of a licensed plumber to install your new unit correctly and safely.
There you have it – Pete’s pearls of wisdom on when and how to replace your water heater. Gilbert and Mesa residents, don’t let a worn-out water heater rain on your parade. By staying vigilant for signs of trouble and knowing your options for replacement, you’ll ensure a steady supply of hot water for years to come.
Need help deciding or installing? Give our expert team a ring at 480-388-6093. We’re here to keep your showers steamy and your future bright!
A Closer Look At The Impacts Of Hard Water On Your Mesa-Gilbert, Arizona Home’s Plumbing System
Homeowners in the Mesa and Gilbert areas of Phoenix, Arizona, are no strangers to hard water. This common issue arises when high levels of minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, are present in your water supply. But can hard water cause long-term damage to your home’s plumbing system? The answer is yes, and understanding the potential risks and how to prevent them is essential to maintaining a healthy and efficient plumbing system. Continue reading
Today’s question is about the age-old debate on gas vs. eclectic. How do we know which to pick when it comes to our home’s water heater? Is a gas water heater better than electric? Let’s see what Pete says. Continue reading
The holidays are right around the corner, which means you may be having people over to celebrate. To make the most out of your gathering, you need to make sure your home is ready in every way – from the decorations to the cleanliness to, yes, even the plumbing. If you’re planning on having guests for the holidays, your plumbing needs to be ready. Continue reading
Is your toilet feeling like a rocking chair? A toilet that rocks back and forth is uncomfortable. While it may seem like a minor inconvenience, fixing your rocking toilet sooner rather than later is important. Keep reading to learn what Pete says about getting your toilet to stop rocking. Continue reading
Having an indoor fireplace in your home provides lots of benefits. But let’s be honest – a wood-burning fireplace requires a lot of care and upkeep. If you’re tired of chopping wood, hauling logs around, and caring for your fireplace, a gas fireplace is a convenient alternative. Keep reading to learn more about converting your wood fireplace to gas. Continue reading